Protecting your data and your international payments online.
Moneycorp Bank is committed to ensuring you are able to conduct your financial transactions safely and with absolute confidence.
With this in mind we have created the following security guidance for you.
You can manage all of your international payments through our secure online platform or speak with our expert team if you prefer personal reassurance. We have also implemented two-factor authentication (2FA) for your online account access and international payments, in order to comply with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). This added layer of security helps to protect your online data. Read more about how two-factor authentication works here.
To keep your payments account secure and stay safe whilst online, we recommend following these simple steps.
- Keep account information such as your client number, username and password secret and known only to you
- Never store passwords on your phone or computer or write them down anywhere. It is widely recommended to use a reputable password safe for your different passwords.
- Regularly change your password and ensure it is unique from your passwords for other accounts. Avoid using anything obvious such as your birthday, a pets name or anything else that can easily be identified especially through the viewing of your social media accounts.
- Always ensure that the website you’re interacting with is the Moneycorp site and has a valid security certificate. You can check this by clicking on the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser. Remember that if you cannot see a padlock icon the website you are viewing may not be the official Moneycorp site.
- Remain alert to phishing emails that claim to be from Moneycorp Bank and ask you for either your personal or security information. Moneycorp Bank will never ask you for this information by email, and will never ask for your password or PIN at any time. If you suspect you have received a phishing email claiming to be from Moneycorp, please forward it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for personal customers and email@example.com for business customers.
- Contact us immediately if you receive any unexpected messages about changes to mobile phone numbers or e-mail addresses that you have registered to your Moneycorp account.
- Moneycorp Bank will never ask you to move or send money to other accounts. If you are contacted by someone saying they are from Moneycorp, and they ask you to move money to a “secure account” refuse to do so.
- Always re-confirm payment details to new recipients or new accounts with a known phone number for that individual or company
Security measures for your computer/mobile device
- Install and maintain your device’s anti-virus software.
- Maintain a firewall on your personal computer.
- Keep all your software up to date including installing updates you receive (e.g Microsoft, Android).
- Ensure you use the latest version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).
- Keep your login details safe.
- Logout after you have finished your session.
- Be extra careful when using computers in public places, such as an internet cafe or library.
- Never change your password using a public wireless network.
- Only download files or programs from the internet if they are from genuine trusted websites. Do not click on links, or open attachments in emails from suspicious or unknown senders.
- Ensure you do not post any of your personal security information on social media platforms e.g. mother’s maiden name, place of birth, name of school you attended, etc.